Thursday, March 25, 2010

the camera eye

More than an eleven minute Rush song it is what captures the present where in the future the past will be recalled.

On this week when the historic health care bill was approved and signed by President Obama (the success of which will definitely define the success of the Obama's first term and possibly decide if there will be a second one) my thoughts about it have been asked since my political views are by me defined as chaotic neutral.

As I have stated in the past, I believe many of the problems with health care and in other fields would be solved if every overweight American would lose 10 percent of their weight. Of course implementing that would create more problems than it could possibly solve. (For me I could lose enough for two, now maybe three) By the time I am done with talking about that, people forget what they originally asked me.

In the past at Marscon, I have taken many pictures and the time after I get home have been spent editing and posting them to sites for others to see. Since my camera is busted and knowing a professional photographer will be taking pictures there along with many others, I knew it was not necessary for me to bring a camera this year.

Thanks to Facebook, I have been getting many notifications of pictures where I was tagged as being in it and comments being made about them. (Thanks to Baron Dave for this pic of me with my wife and Davroz for the group pic and his work and personal help in getting them posted.)



Yup, the 30% seems about right.



Fifteen different states represented. Others who were there did not make it for the picture.

Also past group pictures have been posted this week. After waking up Tuesday evening from a 3 1/2 hour nap I wobbled into the basement and looked at them being only one of three people who are in every one. As I did earlier this month when I was considering making a video montage of pics from past Marscons but realized I do not have the time nor the computer knowledge to make it look good, I noticed how heavier many of the guys and I now look. As my brain malfunctioned from the fatigue of working 10 days in a row and still being tired, I commented about how much weight everyone in the group has gained in the last 6 years. (I wanted to post the edited for content pic but it was too small when I tried to post it.)

As can be expected four of the six ladies in the pic took exception to that comment. Unlike me who physically fatigued and got fat instead of fighting it, they had lives to live.

My friendship with all but one of them started that weekend and I have watched as they have become wives and mothers and how they each overcame obstacles to become the wonderful people (well except for one) they now are.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone with that comment.

No comments: