Friday, July 8, 2022

Eligibility again

I was among the many who wanted Chicago area player Barrett White to win her 10th major championship in last weekend's US Women's Disc Golf event but my reason was different.

I wanted a Chicago resident whose kind words in November 2019 during warmup for round two turned out to be the key to me winning the event by six shots to win. Others wanted her top two competitors to not win claiming they were not eligible for the F part. The 4 shot lead going into the final round turned into a 14 shot win and I was among those who agree she is one of the greatest masters disc golfers in history and not just a midwest legend.

Today, I got a FB message request from someone who wanted me to vote for two people running for the board of directors for the sole purpose of "saving women's disc golf". I thanked him for the info but didn't tell him that I now know for who to NOT vote.

Though conflicted after seeing players with MA1 and MA2 physical ability and the swimming policy chance stating puberty defines gender for life but realize that no one is going to go through what it takes to be eligible for the sole purpose of winning a few hundred dollars.

No comments: