Thursday, September 26, 2019

24 hours of really little change

On Sep 25th, I had to get multiple trailers received and put away since I knew I had to leave at 1130 sharp to head to court over an hour away.

Since I was travelling from work and not home, I used GPS which took me on a route which I soon recognized as the one I take to Dellwood Park which I passed 8 minutes from the courthouse and three minutes later passed the Old Joliet Prison. (Which explains why Dellwood hosts a fall event inside there.)

Unlike the morning session I attended earlier in the month, there was no line at the metal detector so I was inside 30 minutes early somewhat confused as my document stated to head to the payment location. Soon, someone from another case and I found out what actual court room was being used and went there to check in.

I was disappointed when the judge entered the room as the other party in my case had yet to arrive and didn't until about five minutes into the session. That allowed me to see the previous cases in which all there (but one lawyer) were wearing a t shirt with writing on it as opposed to the regular collared shirt I sported. All previous cases had a child involved and needed parenting classes so having one that's 19 was a help.

Due to the improper and incomplete paperwork involved, it took a little longer than anticipated but the divorce was made official and since not much was joined 20 years ago and much of what was is no longer joined, there was not much to separate. We agreed if something belonging to the other is found to contact the other party which is fair.

After sending a group text and calling my mom, 20 minutes later I was on the tee of #13 at Dellwood making a subtle FB post about the situation similar to the FB post last month where I made a subtle reference of getting laid at the PDGA Worlds in July. (Since the bathroom and pro shop where I got water were next to #13, that is where I started like some players do and anyway, that is more appropriate for me.)

I really wanted to birdie #13 just like I birdied my last hole as a married man. I threw the disc as intended but being off by one disc it turned over too much and after making it through the brush short right, ended up about 30 feet long about 10 feet below the basket. It was physically difficult for me to get to the disc and my approach hit the pole under the cage (and stayed there.) At least, I birdied #14.

When I have not played a course for a while, I will forget things that are not hole specific like the fact that there is a lot of downhill and uphill walking at Dellwood even when not needing to do down a hill to where a shot ended up. I was fortunate that the three put in the river (one slightly off shot, one back kick, one bad shot) did not wash away. After my 11th out of 20 (13-18, 1-6, 6a, 6e, 7-12) the legs were done and the last couple full shots showed.

My initial plans were to find a buffet after but my sister wanted to meet me for a celebration dinner and she suggested the Outback about halfway between where we were. I had not been to the building since it was converted from a Cheeseburger in Paradise and had not been to an Outback since I was "happily married" well over a decade ago.

Possibly influenced by the half plus glass of Miller Lite (in a FB picture many liked) "to celebrate", by the time I was done with the meal, I was ready to sleep. Getting up off the chair was almost embarrassingly difficult. I made it home, found out the water was still out from construction, and fell asleep before 9. Woke at one, confirmed the water was back, set my alarm, and went to bed.

I wanted to get to work early but only managed to get there on time. Fortunately things were not as bad as it could be and after deciding that a weekly thing usually done on a Thursday can be done the day after, the day has gone well though my legs are tired. Those here who have seen the effects my situation has put me through over the last couple decades congratulated me. It is more a relief than anything.

Multiple people have asked me about meeting someone else. Though instincts have kicked in on occasion, my brain eventually responds with "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING?"

No comments: