Saturday, July 7, 2018

Things never change

From my day:

Miles driven to get to cousin's house having to pick up two people: 70

Time taken to get there: 2 1/2 hours.

Extra time driven since a rogue priest decided today is the day to block a major Chicago expressway I only take a handful of days in a year: 45 minutes.

Times I said "not plausible" to a person or display either in the same car or within 15 feet of a nun: 4

Cousins there: 8

People who touched me from behind on purpose: 3

Sandwiches eaten: 3

Deserts eaten: 2

Time sitting in my large lawn chair set up facing downhill so I can get up without being laughed at: 45 minutes

Questions asked about me or my daughter about anything over the last 2 years: 0

Questions asked about something I used to do before: 1

Questions asked about the same person whose constant inquiries prompted me to get drunk at a company outing last December: 0

Questions to my sister's family about sports that I heard: 5

Time someone else used my lawn chair after I got up to pee causing me to eat standing up and be alone and miserable: 3 hours

I have to admit that this situation put me out of my comfort zone and I had zero idea how to properly react so I just brooded until I had to let those know why I was no longer sitting with them as I asked for it back while leaving.

No comments: