Monday, July 2, 2018

The waterdrop way of driving

A few years ago, I discovered that in large cities roads generally go into or out of a central point. I imagine the city being a pond and a drip in the central point. When going either with or against the wave, you are fine but crossing them is not.

My aunt lives on the north side of Chicago near the lakefront while many cousins on my mom's side of the family live in the far south suburbs and my sister and I reside just west of O'Hare Airport. Those who live south think it is easy for us to get her compared to what they would have to do.

If you imagine a drop of water at State and Madison (0 N/S & E/W), I have to cross the waves to get there while those who live where a party is being held on Saturday don't.


Though the ride is 18 miles shorter, it is only 11 minutes shorter and far more aggravating due to multiple stop lights and traffic.

I have to pick up my mom anyway on Saturday as well so it makes sense for me to go and the drive to 159th and Cicero will need to be a different route as well since a south side priest is planning on blocking the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94) on Saturday.

No comments: