Friday, June 29, 2018

multi-discing

Similar to my other week long vacation this year, disc golf is the agenda. There were 6 events in the 9 days off that I would play and there are five different formats within them:


For handicap singles, players get from +4 to -6 adjusted from their regular score based on how well they have shot this year. In the 5 events I have played with the club, I totaled 16 over par (with a max of 6 over per round) so I get 3 shots taken off my score to figure out prizes.

Doubles seems self explanatory.

When there are an odd number of players in a doubles event, one of them plays what is called California style to compensate for the lack of a partner as they can rethrow one shot per hole.

In most sanctioned events, there are 4 divisions of regular amateur play plus female and or age based groups. I play in the 50+ group. For one of the events, the top and bottom divisions are expanded to create six divisions so technically a 15 year old boy, a 70 year old man, and a 35 year old woman with similar ratings can be in the same division.

Since my right arm went "no" at work, I am not sure what events I will be able to play. *sigh*

No comments: