Monday, November 23, 2020

Nope

Though I stopped my PS live account six weeks previously, did not stop my Disney Plus account until early July since that is when Hamilton came out. Though I find the concept of the musical questionable, knowing Lin Manuel Miranda created it, gave it a shot.

Two minutes into it, realized it was not for me, went nope, and then cancelled my Disney Plus account.

A couple of people questioned my FB post about it where I replied that the version of me five years ago might have been able to appreciate it.

When someone else mentioned they saw it, I stated my experience which drew an angry response.

I do admit the claim of not letting people enjoy what they enjoy is valid but was chastised for not giving it a chance and not explaining what going nope meant.

I started thinking, what things have I gone nope shortly after watching...

Any presidential news conference (of the current administration)
The first presidential debate
Bill Walton being the color man for a White Sox game.
Any live disc golf coverage especially the USDGC which did their best to get people to pay for it (while having a former multi time champ do commentary though one could tell he is bitter about not being able to hang with the best anymore after taking a 13 on a hole in 2015.)
Disc Golf Pro Tour next day coverage.
The tv show NEXT (Once the "spot the Ian" portion was done)
The Hunger Games
Young Sheldon
All 2020 NHL, NBA, and MLB playoff games (once the Chicago teams were eliminated).
Last Saturday's Illinois/Nebraska football game.

Since the Star Wars Lego Holiday Special was made available last week, renewed my Disney Plus membership and saw that as well as Incredibles 2 which I found better than then reviews made it seem. Also will watch season 2 of the Mandalorian. Will I continue Hamilton? Unlikely. 

No comments: