Saturday, January 19, 2019

Looking at stats

One of the things I can't do on a tablet or phone is look at detailed stats from disc golf. Since playing right now would be difficult as the weather is actually reflecting the fact that it is January, I powered up the old work laptop that was given to me and looked at Illinois 50+ amateurs to see how I compared to them.

The default listing is player points and for 2018 for events in the 50+ division, I was 6th out of 82 total players who played in at least one event in that division. This includes players who are 60+ and one who is 70+ that played in one event in that division. Last year I was tied for 9th.

I then sorted the players by rating.and saw that I was 30th. Last year I was 46th.

I decided to sort by number of events played and my name was on the top with 12. (There were three events where I didn't play in MA50+ because that division was not available) In 2017, I was tied for third with 14.

The two who were ahead of me in 2017 were tied for second. Both of those players played more total events than 15 I did but they played 8 and 9 in other divisions including 2 each in the newly created MA55+ division which I will be eligible to play in 2020.

No comments: