Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Ten year picture challenge (times two)

Many have posted to Facebook a side by side picture from ten years ago and recent to show how they changed.

Though I want to do that, can't without a computer so I will do this here but going back 20 years with three pics:

March 1998


This is against at the time World Scrabble champion Brian Cappeletto. He was tired and made a mistake at the end and I won the game. That is the same as beating Brooks Kopeka or Greg Barsby in a couple of holes at a practice round.

I don't remember what year my last Scrabble game against a human being (as opposed to a computer AI) was but with using all 7 tiles three times one of them being a triple-triple, scored 618 points against my mom.

March 2008


At the Dementia Radio part room at Marscon 2008. Was there alcohol in that cup? Of course there was. People would ask me why I would take the whole week after the convention off work. That was to physically recover from it.

March 2018


My last practice shot before playing my first rated event in 2018 in Olympia Fields, IL. That round was rated higher than any played in 2017 and equaled that of an elite player in the MA50 group who was on my card.

I am positive that spending the previous Sunday at that course practicing and not at a hotel 450 miles from there contributed to my success.

If my instincts are wrong and instead of dying in 2034 it happens soon, I would hope these three pics are in a memorial of me.

No comments: