Friday, May 21, 2010

This is not what a Whammy Burger looks like on the menu

As I stated when I posted about problems getting fast food, I have tried to not create problems since the people who work at these places are mostly people who can't get a job somewhere else. However recent issues have changed that.

When getting a kids meal on Tuesday, I noticed the price on the order screen was different than the menu. When I got to the cashier, I mentioned it along with the fact that it was the third time at three different locations within the past two weeks that I was being charged more than it listed on the menu. Here is a chart showing them: (note: The same thing also happened to me at a place near Penguicon in Detroit on May 2)



Her first reply was, "It is the tax."

My instinct as it was the previous two times the person told me this is as follows: To reach out of my car, grab the person by the neck and scream in their face, "I can see the cost listed on the order screen that exists for me to check orders and can easily tell when it is more than what is on the menu board. Even if the screen was not there, I know that if I purchase an item costs $4.19 in a town that has a 7.75 percent tax rate, the total will not be $4.62!"

Since I really did not want to argue over eleven cents, I showed her the camera phone pic I took of their menu board and she promised to have her supervisor look into it. I will be back today to see if it was changed.

I know that if I decided to eat at these places less often I would not only have less dealings with them but also would probably weigh less than I do. Maybe my current disgust with these places is my body's way of getting me to lose weight.

Note: A couple of days after the third time, I stopped at the place and the menu sign was not changed.

1 comment:

Igotnothing said...

Madman, my rule of thumb is always make sure I have my food in hand before I complain about something. Otherwise I just know their screwing around with my food.....maybe literally.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.