Saturday, April 11, 2009

Family Circus style driving, part 4



Map Legend:

A: My best friend's house
B: My house
C: Where my wife noticed Lamb's Farm and realized she was going the wrong way
D: Where my wife was when she called me telling me she was lost and I had to go on the computer to find out where the hell a city called Johnsburg is and guide her home from there.

Since I had to watch my nephew one night in 2006, I could not go to a play with my best friend and knowing that my wife does not get out that often and since I agreed ahead of time to watch the kids that night, I realized it would be best if she went instead of me. She has driven home from her house before so I thought she knew how to get home.

First of all, I did not realize she took Irving Park Road for almost 20 miles the previous time she did that (just like FCD3) and was driving towards my house the first time using Foster Ave which taken to the Kennedy Expressway, 190, Mannheim Rd and Irving allows me to make the 21 mile trip home in about 40 minutes.

She got on the Edens Expressway which also has a Foster Ave entrance. It took her 2 and a half hours and over 70 miles.

No comments: