Thursday, October 5, 2023

Pre FuMPFeST by the numbers

Dollars withdrawn from ATM on Tuesday: 100 

Hours worked on Wednesday before hitting road: 6.5

Miles from work to Con on the Cob which hosts FuMPFeST: 363

Toll charges to drive directly from work to COTC: $31.76

Miles driven on road before discovering debit card no longer works: 90

Miles driven off Indiana Toll Road into Michigan to confirm card was deactivated at ATM to be replaced by one still at my house and to get extra cash: 5

Average cents gas is cheaper in Ohio (not on tollway) compared to where I live: 40

In dollars, how much more a 4pc Popeye's combo meal costs at Ohio Turnpike rest stop than at the one where I live: 3 (At least no sales tax was charged)

Times needing UDisc to find either basket or next tee on nine in West Union, OH: 4

Birdies on course: 6

Birdies on putts that were 50/50 throws that stayed in: 3

Birdie putts missed on a double-doink: 1

Time starting at Perrysville, OH course: 632PM

Sunset in city that day: 715PM

Time to finish round in minutes: 48

Deuces in round: 5

Holes I got a three which were listed as a par four that I changed on app to reflect how they play: 2

People who arrived at Waffle House as I was by car changing out of a very sweaty shirt: 5

Hours two people there had been working as the second shift called off: 15

Extra cash to leave as deposit for hotel room: 60

Phone calls, texts and FB messages trying to figure out how to get and or use replacement debit card: 20

Pairs of socks in bag that originally held six and were the only ones I packed for a four night trip: 3

Miles driven along US 20 Thursday morning to get to next course in Fremont: 25

Signage supporting man who has been indicted almost 100 times: 3

Signage opposing vote designed to protect female reproductive rights: 6

Holes at Walsh Park where my drive left me between 40 and 100 feet: 12

Times I couldn't easily figure out where to go even with UDisc App: 3

Birdies: 1

Discs lost trying to throw a shot I shouldn't: 1

Discs found and posted to OH lost discs group: 1

Miles driven past COTC hotel to get to course in Norton: 15

Holes from short tee (to be used by MA50 in tournament) where on a shot that avoided trees, can get within 30 feet: 18

Different quotes from a book based on a non plausible concept that are listed on tee signs: 36

Deuces on course: 6

Long birdie attempts smited by edge of cage: 3

Deuces "on course" no doubt related to previous nights Waffle House dinner: 1

Items thrown in garbage due to that incident: 2

Dollars left at course entrance found disc drop off box along with apology note: 5

Minutes arriving at hotel to getting checked in due to resolving issue with card: 30

Minutes in hotel room to find bathroom light which was not found until after I took a shower using light from my phone: 15

People I did not know who offered help after watching me struggle walking after playing 63 holes in less than 24 hours and sitting down too long: 4

Times someone forgot it was Thursday since cons generally start on a Friday: 10

People who had filled out their Luke Ski Top 50 poll previously while I was filling out the poll while listening to him talk about his top 50 poll: 13

Minutes it took paramedics to arrive after person attempted to use "heelys" and ended up with an ankle bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction: 25

Times I had to remind myself to ask other people how they are and/or someone important to them are doing because I generally forget to do that and then wonder after how they are: 10

FuMPFeST swag bags helped to assemble: 55

Minutes listening to three performers discuss what songs they could and could not perform during their concert due to the SAG strike: 15

Time returning back to room: 1:15 EDT

No comments: