Friday, January 6, 2012

I Can't Go For That

I have never liked the group Hall & Oates. To me it signifies the worst of the 80's style of music. In spite of that I still married the woman I did even though it is her favorite group. I have learned taht you fall in love with people and not ideals.

Anyway, they played in a concert in downtown Chicago in 2002 and since she did not want to pay for parking I took my kid to my mom's house and picked my wife up at the theatre after. This is what I saw leaving the theatre:



She has seen the group play at many places nearly as much as I have seen Weird AL.

Last month, Harmonix announced that the group was coming to Rock Band in 2012 along with announcing 2112 by Rush was coming. Every Friday, I wait to see what new songs become available for Rock Band and today the announcement was made and after reading one comment talking about how gay the music is and another 12 telling that person off, I decided to post a comment on Facebook which I usually do.



I also failed to mention that if my wife now shows more interest in the game, she might decide to look back over the past 18 months or so and ask me to download some songs I would rather not play let alone pay for.

An hour after my reply I checked Facebook, saw this, and reacted:



Hopefully by posting this I can get their songs out of my head. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No comments: