Sunday, December 20, 2020

2020 season recap

On a heavy and slippery Round Lake course that had thawed during the day, finished my 2020 tournament season which was unlike any other.:


Even if the points required for Am Worlds was not reduced by 30% due to COVID, tying for 25th out of 51 players in the last event got my to the 500 point mark.

Looking a the 2019 recap, there were four ideas to qualify:

One get better. That seemed most unlikely as eventually age will take its toll but due to physical improvement (other than are issues in late summer caused by hitting a tree on a follow through) and better form, am able to general throw a disc farther and it showed:


Three months, including the last two had a new personal lifetime best rating including a big jump once the rounds at the 2019 Worlds played on a knee that was dislocated the Friday before were removed. On the 2019 chart, had a column for two shots better per round and my 18 point improvement in rating is almost two shots better.

Two was to play large events. COVID caused the spring ones to be cancelled and the only one I could have attended, Ledgestone, was not doable as a coworker needed the time off as his gf was due to deliver a baby.

Three was more MA3 rounds: Except for the IOS (where I lost the series title by three shots) and IL states, that was my plan. A couple of events were changed to MA50 once after I hit the 350 mark. Had I played MA3 all year, would have reached the mark easily.

Four was more league rounds: I did that before COVID at Dellwood in the cold and snow and expect to do the same in 2021.

Due to COVID, all majors were moved to 2021 so the idea of playing in the revamped Masters Worlds near Peoria won't happen until 2022 so I will need to repeat my success to do so.

No comments: