Saturday, August 1, 2020

IRL experience

Had a pickup at Twin Peaks today. Their slogan is eats, drinks, scenic views.

One manager was explaining to the staff (all less than half my age) how pickups work and there were "ten peaks" to view. I realized that it had been a while since I have noticed anyone like that without looking at a screen and it felt weird.

The fact that they were so significantly younger than me, it really did not create the same reaction that the franchise tries to do.

I wanted to compliment them on their appearance but realized it could not be done without making it weird. The last time I was at that franchise years ago, the staff seemed normal but not today.

It seemed as awkward as my experience last summer involving cash for companionship when I was asking permission to do anything rather than reacting instinctively.

Makes me glad I am not longer interested.

No comments: