Monday, July 8, 2024

Eligibility again

After expensive legal action in 2023, an agreement allowing a transgender female to play female open pro on the gisc golf pro tour for all events has been reached and the first half she was competing against a very pregnant player. Many believe as opposed to a blood test that having or have had components to birth a child should be the deciding factor for female eligibility similar to what USA swimming chose.

Since she was second going into Sunday in Iowa, hearing the start of the round was delayed made some think there was a death threat made since it happened in Tennessee earlier this year.

Other restrictions in disc golf divisions have a simpler to determine factor be it the year someone was born or their rating based on how well they have played.

Due to good play and a couple tree breaks, was one shot out of first at a one round event in April and got aggressive going for a tying birdie only to hit an early tree taking a double bogey. After the round, discovered the player I was one shot behind had a rating too high for the division I was in and though he was reassigned, I still lost by one. I could have easily hit the same tree with a conservative drive and still taken double bogey but the mindset would have been different up one.

The club challenge which I usually play separates players by a different rating maximum per pool of players and with my significantly improved play, am no longer eligible for the lowest pool and with the higher pool overloaded with better players, I won't be able to participate. Though disappointed, had you told me in July 2019 or July 2023 what my new lifetime high rating at "MA59" would be, I would be happy.

For some reason, get the feeling of negative reinforcement for what I do in disc golf to be better.

No comments: