Thursday, June 20, 2024

Taking the fun out of things part one

It should come as no surprise to anyone who would read this that 625 miles one way were driven not to participate but to compete and though finishing as expected was not bad, it wasn't good.

While the trip to the Worlds was filled with music, smiles, and in a couple cases choked with emotion, the return trip was quiet while brooding about the panic induced errors before and in round one and way too much about an otherwise meaningless 125 foot shot on the final hole that hit dead center chains, hung for a second, and fell out.

During down time at the event, I would check standings of local players who made the trip and was excited to see the same person who won the MA50 title in 2022, won a playoff to win again. One of my highlights from 2023 was tying him at a club round on Thanksgiving and he is among the six players I want to beat more than anyone else.

As expected, there are multiple posts about it but for some reason, one yesterday triggered a 12 hour long cascade of internal rage. When I state that my brain runs a different type of operation system and occasionally has weird bugs, that is what I mean. I literally had to spend my lunch at work writing what will be part two of this post which will be made available in a couple weeks. I have found that the best way to get some thoughts out of the head is to write them as opposed to letting it build causing something stupid to happen.

As long as I play my next event before July 7, my rating on July 9 will be another personal highest since 8 rounds where my rating averaged over 20 points below what is current will no longer be considered so there is optimism even though the first time throwing in almost a week didn't go that well due to physical discomfort. Once I am able to throw discs normally again, things will calm down inside.

No comments: