Sunday, May 19, 2024

Tata's comedy night

Random thoughts from last night:

Maybe I could get Steve Goodie to sign the disc I got on an ace on his birthday last year. No, I shouldn't and DON'T mention he is nine days older than me and don't mention I feel old and that I will play MA60 on Ian's next birthday.

I almost wore my Ian shirt which would have been real weird since Ian logically did. Make a reference to "that guy" and state I will wear the shirt on his next birthday but NOT explain it will be at my first tournament playing in MA60

Don't mention the physical discomfort experiencing from playing earlier that day or doctor wants to replace my right knee after I turn 60. If Ross Child's shows up, ask about his physical therapy without referencing my experiences.

Apologize for missing his recent Sunday show there since my alarm rings at 3AM.

Ask Robbie Ellis about being a new father. Don't mention he likely conceived at Marscon 2023.

Yes, my life involves throwing golf discs but don't bring up the subject unless specifically asked about it and not take 5 minutes of overly detailed explanation if asked.

It is ok to mention why Erin is not there because Ian knows who "Lifeline" is. So Ross Childs is at ACEN too.

Don't take a lot of pictures and just enjoy the show.

$9 for a Blue Moon? I want to support the restaurant but wow.

Mention to Ian to say hi to his wife for me. He mentioned liking foxes and seeing them in California. There are foxes at the course the disc golf pro tour is playing this week in California and in the past one fox peed on a disc and another was seen butt scooting on camera and that the person who is leading the event is an unsponsored player from the Chicago area who has won 8 times at an event I have played but not in the same division... NO! This is what I reference when reminding myself to not babble about disc golf.

Ask Steve Goodie where he is driving next. Don't mention my 10 hour trip in three weeks. Oh crap, I did. How strong of a beer is Blue Moon?

Though the performance was cut short for understandable reasons, still leave the $20 suggested donation afterwards. I should have done it earlier since the empty tip jar was mentioned before I had a chance to do so discreetly.

So should I say something to the woman who joined Steve on stage for a bit and was sitting alone at the bar? FUCK NO! Leave her alone.

No comments: