Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Replacement options

Since I ended up with an extra vacation day, I am taking a four day birthday weekend in November since I correctly determined my body would not be able to fully function for this year's Masters World Championship and after my birthday last year was spent with two people mad at me for something that was not my fault (and that no one apologized), I want to do something positive and there are options I need to get out of my head:

No matter what, Thursday morning 8AM is a league round. Past that:

1) Minnesota

After league round, drive to Mall of America and get hotel in Arden Hills

Friday head to Blue Ribbon Pines (#1 course in MN) post round meal at Kahn's Mongolian Buffet.

Saturday two round tournament in Cottage Grove at the course where I clinched my finals spot at the 2025 Worlds. After event, head to Menonome, WI stay at Super 8. Drive home Sunday.

Good) MOA, BRP, Kahn's

Bad) Alone all weekend, weather can be an issue, most expensive option

2) Wisconsin

Friday head to Silver Creek Park in Manitowoc (#4 course in WI)

Saturday head to Rolling Ridge in Reedsville (#2 course in WI) to play two round event, head home

Good) Two top courses, B tier, can do something Thurs or Sun at home

Bad) Weather can be an issue, second most expensive option

3) Peoria

Friday head south to play McNaughton get hotel

Saturday play Northwoods Black (or Blue), head home

Good) Avail Thu & Sun, Most southern option means best potential weather. Can see what a 61 year old man can do on one the most difficult courses in the world.

Bad) No tournament, would require hotel

4) Local

Saturday one round event at Trinity Links in Lockport

Good) cheapest play, one round easier if body not 100%. more access to local people

Bad) By far worst disc golf course listed

5) Worst case scenario (If weather, body, or life gets in the way)

Head to Galloping Ghost and possibly see a movie.

Good) Gorf, Mr. Do, Pengo, Robotron 2064 and cheapest option.

Bad) Not that special, wrists will be sore. 

Since weather can be an issue in mid November, a decision can't be reached until the week of.

No comments: